Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Leash Laws...

This morning my person had the day off for Veteran's Day (Go Vets! - not the kind with needles and rectal thermometers, but the kind that served our country), so we had a special morning walk in a local park. We try to walk at least a mile twice a day. Anyhow, at the entrance to the park is a big wooden sign which states that "all dogs must be on leash". Of course, of the 12 or so mostly large breed canines at the park, only two of us were on leash: a Jack Russell Terrier who looked and sounded like she wanted to pick a fight and me. The other humans were very nice, and I certainly understand why they want their dogs to run free (I certainly wanted to run free!). However, I have to admit that my person, Margaret, was a bit uncomfortable with the HUGE German Shepherd that came running up to us barking his fool head off. I of course was very well behaved. Margaret says that we going to obey the rules at least until I am licensed to live in this town.

Speaking of licenses and the other kind of vets, I now have an appointment to be poked and prodded and injected with all sorts of stuff. I'm not looking forward to it, but I don't want Lyme disease, heartworm, or anything like that. More importantly, I'm getting my license! Very exciting. Unfortunately, my people tell me that I still can't have the keys to the Prius.

Until next time, hasta la vista.

No comments: