Friday, November 28, 2008

Confessions of a Chunky Girl

On Monday, I had my visit with the Vet. I am now up-to-date on all of my shots (including the parvo vaccine, thank you, Walter). I have a rabies tag and a new red reflective leash. I was hoping to get my license today, but alas, the town offices are closed for the holiday.

It appears that I weigh 48 lbs but should weigh somewhere between 40 and 45. Not a big deal, you think? Think about this, 5 lbs is 10% of my total body weight. You try to loose 10% of your total body weight. Yeah. Anyways, according to the Vet we're going to take a slow, healthy approach to this. No big surprise here: exercise and portion control. Needless to say, no turkey leg, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy or pumpkin pie for me yesterday.

I was still thankful for some things. My people took me for a 4.5 mile walk in the morning. I got to snuggle with the kids and watch the Thanksgiving parade. I might have sneaked some cat food while my people were out (but I'm not admitting to that). At the end of the day, I got to jump up on the big bed for a little while. All in all, chunky or not, I am loved.

No comments: